Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering in anyone uses the Atech Fab Heatsink case?

Your thoughts / reviews?

It's very expensive! Worth it?

Is a reset button a good idea?

Does the case ventilate well and stay cool?

Thanks,

Eddie

·
Registered
838 Posts
Eddie, the A-Tech case is currenting being fabricated. Glenn mentioned that it should go out to customers sometime around the end of December, maybe beginning of January (with the holidays getting in the way and all). I have one on order, and I'm looking forward to getting it far more than any other holiday gifts!

- Chris

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply.

Ouch, end of year! I was hoping to have it running for X-Mas!

Very, very nice case though. But I can wait. I just don't want problems with this case like the other one reviewed here on AVS form.

For this kind of money, things better line up!

Should I order one with a reset button?

Won't the power button reset if you hold it down for ten seconds?

Thanks

Eddie

·
Registered
838 Posts
Eddie, I got the reset button after some debating. Originally I thought it would look more like an audio component with only a single power button, but with the groovy machining and the VFD display, I figure a reset button can't hurt. :)

With ATX motherboards, the machine should turn off (not reset) if you hold down the power button for 5 seconds. It's then a good idea to wait for the drives to spin down before you power back up. A reset button is handier.

The other thing I like about this case is the upgradeability. If I want to add new buttons or openings in the future, or if a completely new front face comes out, you just ship the unit back to Glenn and he'll get the necessary machining work done. I feel secure that my investment is protected.

- Chris

·
Registered
838 Posts
Eddie, I got the reset button after some debating. Originally I thought it would look more like an audio component with only a single power button, but with the groovy machining and the VFD display, I figure a reset button can't hurt. :)

With ATX motherboards, the machine should turn off (not reset) if you hold down the power button for 5 seconds. It's then a good idea to wait for the drives to spin down before you power back up. A reset button is handier.

The other thing I like about this case is the upgradeability. If I want to add new buttons or openings in the future, or if a completely new front face comes out, you just ship the unit back to Glenn and he'll get the necessary machining work done. I feel confident that my investment is protected.

- Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.