Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-= BEFORE YOU ANSWER =-

Please know that I already have an Athena Sub, AS-B1's, and a AS-C1. I am looking at now moving my AS-B1's to my rear channels and getting a floor standing speaker for the fronts. Considering that I already essentially have an Athena setup, should I just go ahead and stick with Athena? Or are the Phantom's THAT much better that mixing my system would be okay? Now don't get me wrong, I love my Athena's, but these speakers are going to have to last me a long time and I don't want to settle.

The Athenas are a little bit cheaper at $499. I THINK the Phantoms are around $529 (is this right?).

They're used for about 50% music and 50% movies. I'm using a Denon AVR-2105 Reciever

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
F2.2...

There should be a consensus here. You don't want to have a timbre mismatch for listening to movies.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
I know nothing about the Phantoms but, within reason, timbre-matching across the front is more important than absolute quality. With the F2 up front, that setup will be killer.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent
F2.2...

There should be a consensus here. You don't want to have a timbre mismatch for listening to movies.

Yup....don't throw the Paradigms in the mix - it will not sound right.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the F2s for the front, C1, 2 B1s and 2R1s with a Velodyne VX10 sub. They sound awesome powered by HK DPR-1005, though i'm thinking of replacing the sub with Dayton 12" :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.