AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody actually heard the new AS-F2.2s and compared it to the AS-F2s? Do they sound the same? I know the new AS-F2.2s are slightly smaller, and has different cosmetic looks.

My current setup is:

front left and right = AS-F2s

center = AS-C1

receiver = Onkyo R500

sub = old Onkyo sub from HTiB

rear = old Onkyo fronts from HTiB

I want to upgrade my rears and get rid of my Onkyo equipment. My question is: should I buy 2 more AS-F2s or get a pair of AS-F2.2s as my rears? Would the AS-F2s and AS-F2.2s sound good used together?

·
Registered
804 Posts
I dont see why not, technically there is not different other than aesthetics.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJLaletas
I dont see why not, technically there is not different other than aesthetics.
Yes, there are differences other than the aesthetics. The speaker is lighter, I think less deep, and uses some different materials on the inside.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Quote:
Yes, there are differences other than the aesthetics. The speaker is lighter, I think less deep, and uses some different materials on the inside.
Forgive me my wording was bad, that is what I meant. But according to athena theyre basically the same as the previous model, so we should expect the same timbre, and same quality of sound.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
I think that any subtle difference in sound, if any, would be overwhelmed by the changes wrought by the different positioning. If you can get the originals cheap, grab them, but I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I think you'll be happy with either series, I have the F1.2's now, and I love em.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.