AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Should be completing my home theatre room in the next month or so. I have a set of Athena Audition series speakers, minus the surrounds. Athena does not make a dipole surround speakers yet for that series, only Bookshelves.

My question is, anyone familiar with the series know any Dipoles that come close to the series as far as being Timbre matched with the Audition series? Id like to pick up some nice surrounds when the theatre is close to being finished.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I couldn't really audition anything prior to making a purchase.

The Athena's are a little more reserved, on the top end, than many speakers with metal tweeters. I'd look for a brand either known to be a little "laid back," and/or something with a soft dome tweeter. Something with a +/- 3dB switch for the tweets may work as well, even in metal.

Check-out M&K's various surrounds. They remind me of the Athenas, detailed, yet reserved.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recived an email from an Athena Rep stating that Athena is coming out with Audition series Dipoles around the end of this month. He could not give me any further details than that. This is good news if they are released on time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.