AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm getting ready to "step up" my system a little bit and wanted to get all the speaker folks opinions. What i have now:

Pioneer VSX-1015TX

Athena B2s (L/R)

Athena C1 (C)

MonoPrice 8" InWall (RR/RL) (replaced 2 Athena .5s)

10" Dayton Sub from PartsExpress

These are used in a room that's 14' x 23' open, sitting below a 110" Projection Screen. Used 75% TV (sports), Movies (mainly BluRays) and PS3. 25% Rock Band/GH for Wii.

To be honest, there's nothing wrong with the current setup, meaning i don't feel it's lacking, but now that it's in this space i know i can do more. I just wrapped up this theater room with the painting, lighting, wiring, screen and theater chairs so the budget is a little thin. I was going to put in monoprice 8" in walls next to the screen with the matching center below", but i don't think they'll satisfy my thirst. So i've come up with this:

Polk M60s L/R and the Polk CS2 C. I still would like to keep the in walls for the surrounds due to the layout. The question is whether or not i should go with the M60s or M70s. Both handle more low range than the Athena's right now. I am running the one sub and may either add an identical second or go to the PA-120W. The Wii puts out 2 channel though, right?

I do own a townhouse so i can't really put it to the max or near it. any thoughts would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've read excellent things about these speakers, the problem is the cabinet color. It's gotta be black.

·
Registered
872 Posts
New speakers aren't necessarily better even if the specs look better. I would buy some Paul Speltz Anticable speaker wires ($10 ft.) for your front 3 before doing anything.

·
Registered
29,190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornhulio /forum/post/18274190

New speakers aren't necessarily better even if the specs look better. I would buy some Paul Speltz Anticable speaker wires ($10 ft.) for your front 3 before doing anything.

What, you'd buy $10/ft speaker wire? Why? What will it do that monoprice 12ga speaker wire won't at 20 cents/foot?

·
Registered
728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/18275298

What, you'd buy $10/ft speaker wire? Why? What will it do that monoprice 12ga speaker wire won't at 20 cents/foot?

Lighten your wallet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, turns out the newegg special is back. Pulled the trigger on the M70s for $179, C2 for $110 and got the PSW505 for $220, all in all $689 shipped, no tax sold it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts