AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I decided to order the Athena Point 5 speaker system, can anyone tell me what types of speaker wire connections they support? My receiver (a Panasonic SA XR55) has 5-way binding posts so it can take whatever is available on the Point 5s. Also, if there are multiple choices, are any really better than the others? (I've always just used stripped wire before...)

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I had the Point 5s for a while, and was running 14 gauge through them, although I really had to compress them to fit it through the contact hole. You could use banana plugs and that would allow any gauge wire, although I think 16 guage should be adequate for short length 15-20 feet connections.

I prefer using banana plugs, that way you can plug the wires in and out any time you want out of the receiver and speakers. It makes it more mobile and convenient.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallite
You could use banana plugs and that would allow any gauge wire
Well, I just got these (Point 5s) and opened them up and the terminals look like they take wire and pins but not banana plugs (ie there are no holes thru the rear of the nut and post). Am I missing something?

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.