AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth the extra $50 to get the 3200+ or will the 3000 work well enough for the Windows Hi-Def DVD's?

·
Registered
638 Posts
for 720P 3000 is fine.

so is Barton XP 2500+ .

You can easily overclock it to 3200 but I haven't even overclocked mine and coral reef playsback perfectly. though fast forward and rewind are a little sketchy.

jb

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Barton? I do not see that one listed on Pricewatch? I do see an Athlon XP 2500... same thing?

·
Registered
638 Posts
probably. Its the athlon XP 2500+. The current line has the Barton Core. I don't think they made any non Barton 2500's but you should read up to be sure, or else someone else might be more sure than me. I know you'll be getting the right one at Newegg but i don't want to send you off the right track.

And to be honest I'd actually reccomend you get a P4 800MHz FSB if you can swing it.

And you know you're ram and motherboard need to exceed the bus speed of your processor (for athlon) right? Barton core is 333MHz FSB but will OC to 400MHz so ram and mobo should support 400MHz.

jb

jb

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks JB. Yea, I have been reading the other thread on the coral reef HD playback and the problems they have been having and I want to make sure I upgrade to something that will not cause a problem. I am also doing more reading over at Toms Hardware and so I guess I will take my good old time on this upgrade and make sure I get it right. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.