AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to figure out why my computer crashes while doing a recording of a capture, so I am checking for the latest drivers of my hardware.

How do I check to see if I have the ATI 3.2 Catalyst driver? I am sure I downloaded and installed it, but cannot find it.

I ran the ATI troubleshooter and it said to update my driver and DirectX. I am also sure I have the DirectX 9.0.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
To check your ATI driver version:

1. Right click the desktop, select Properties

2. Front the Settings tab and click on the Advanced button

3. Front the Options tab > this should show your ATI version info

Make sure when you install Catalyst drivers, you install all the necessary components (i.e., capture, driver, control panel), and in the order that ATI recommends.

To check your DirextX version:

1. Start > Run

2. Enter 'dxdiag' (without the quotes), click OK button

At the bottom you'll see your DirectX Version, i.e., DirectX9.0a (9.0a is an update to 9). If the previous installation wasn't good, maybe you need to reinstall DirectX9.0a to get it to work.

Which card do you have? I haven't been able to get my original AIW Radeon to use anything past Catalyst 2.3 because of capture issues (when capturing it creates garbage 42k files), while my 8500DV has been quite happy with the latest.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Radeon 9500 Plus. I did the 'dxidiag' and it showed DirectX9.0. I need to check for the "a" part. I will also check for the catalyst.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.