AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok what the hell does this mean exactly??

720p and 1080i HDTV Mode Support

The CATALYSTâ„¢ Software Suite 4.10 introduces support for both 720p and 1080i HDTV mode for both CRTs and DFPs. A new properties tab labeled Troubleshoot is added to the ATI Classic Control Panel for both the FPD and Monitor properties page. The Troubleshoot tab will allow users to force 720p and 1080i modes.

720 and 1080 have been supported by force since 4.8. Is there something I'm missing?

Anyone tried the new 4.10 using DVI and 1920x1080 ? This is what I currently run with 4.9. and CCC and it is great.

If there is no difference then I won't bother upgrading, however if there is an improvement in picture quality or something I'll consider upgrading.

·
Premium Member
13,880 Posts
And this is what, the 4th or 5th thread on this now?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well you read and posted to it , so that must mean your interested in finding out the same info as I am, as none of the other's 4 or 5 ask for anyones results after installing them on a similar configuration as mine :)

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
MadPoet, forgive him as he is still new to this (24 posts).

epower - please move your shopping list of equipment from your signature to your profile. Placing it in the Signature really screws up anyone doing a search, and looking for information.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jkaiser,

1) I apologize for my signature, I did not realize the search engine on this forum is that weak as to include signatures in the searching algorithm.

2) Just because I only have 24 post do not assume I'm new. I follow numerous forums regarding HTPC's and choose not to post at each and every one and every single thread every single day like allot of people do.

You see allot of people have 100's or even 1000's of posts and thats because they choose to comment about every little thing including little comments like " I agree" or "no problem" ...etc.

I choose to only post or reply to threads that will directly help solve a problem or find out more info about something I have a direct interest or problem with with regards to my HTPC setup.

I am greatly appreciative of all the help I have received and all of the info and knowledge that I have obtained from this and other HTPC forums and really feel there is no need for stupid little comments about a question I posted that had yet to be asked or answered from any of the threads I have read.

So,... if you have tried the new Cat 4.10's with a DVI connection running 1920x1080i I'd love to hear your comments and advice, otherwise save your petty little comments for other threads please.

Cheers!!

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.