AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an Onkyo TX-SR508. Before I ran HDMI straight from the HTPC to the display and didn't have any issues. I connected the HDMI output from the HTPC to the HDMI1 input on the Onkyo and ran the HDMI out to the display. Everything works fine until I turn off the display. When I turn it back on the audio is gone and I have to reboot the PC to get it back. When using the Realtek HDMI driver this happens with no errors. When using the ATI HDMI driver I get a dialog box stating there is an HDMI to DVI connection and I need a separate audio cable (I don't have the exact error message with me).

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I had this same issue with the HDMI Audio giving me the blah blah about my DVI-to-HDMI cable... it's NOT a DVI anything... it's HDMI to HDMI.

I'm running Win 7 Home Premium (32-bit) and found that uninstalling the RealTek driver enough times forced a MicroSoft driver to be loaded and that using the ATi CCC Suite 10.6 or above (I'm using 10.10 today) and doing a "custom" installation allows me to assure to CHECK the ATi HDMI Audio driver (and which version) so it gets installed. After that reboot and go in and configure the HDMI Audio Driver to pass DD, DTS and WMA, reboot and you should be going! Whether it's using the ATi HDMI Audio without any RealTek driver, or the later version of CCC (like I said, they fixed some EDID issue along the way) I can't say but it's solid with my Onkyo 803. I do have the SPDIF output (and its M$ driver) configured to pass SPDIF or I can't play Media Player when I don't have the HDMI connection active (e.g. using my VGA monitor) because it bauks about not having an audio device present.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts