AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have an Ati 4850 installed in my HTPC, and I'd like to set a refresh rate to 48 or 72 Hz. CCC allows me only to set 24, 50, 59 or 60 Hz. Since my monitor and projector can not handle 24 Hz, I want to use 48Hz for BD and other 24p material, in combination with ReClock. (I don't want to use ReClock Pal-Speedup for several reasons).

Is there a way to get 48 or 72 Hz, if possible without Powerstrip, which always caused problems?

Thanks and best regards

mariachi76

·
Registered
79 Posts
mariachi76

I have an AGP Radeon 4650 installed in an older Compaq D510 P4 2.8 GHz 2Gb.

I am using Powerstrip to create 47.952 Hz refresh rate and Reclock as the audio renderer.

When creating the new refresh rate, I saved it and allowed Pstrip to create a desktop icon.

I set Powerstrip to NOT load with windows.

I use Arcsoft TMT3 Platinium for Blu-ray playback.

When I want to watch a Blu-ray disk, I start the HTPC, and after Windows XP loading completes, I double click the icon created by Pstrip. The screen changes to the 47.952 refresh rate.

I start TMT3 and Reclock asks me if I want to use it as the audio renderer, I choose "This Time Only".

It plays the movie and I only experience jerky movement every once in a while. This is most likely due to the older and slower Compaq D510 because I have a newer E6600 based system with a PCI-E Radeon 4850 using this exact same setup and it plays perfectly.

Since I am using an NEC XG-1352 CRT projector, I can resolve 1080P @48Hz and the image is very sharp but not @72Hz since it is somewhat softer. The flicker @48Hz looks about the same as what I experience at a movie theater.

The flicker does not bother me and I prefer the sharper picture.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI,

thanks for your help. I tried Powerstrip and could make an 48 hz refresh rate, but sound over HDMI did not work anymore.

Does it work in your setup?

regards

mariachi76

1 - 3 of 3 Posts