AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Readers,

I just recently bought a new TV because my old one blew a fuse and it wasn't worth the repair.

So I bought a Samsung (LN52B630)

And before I used to use a DVI->DVI cable along with a rca (L/R (Red/White) audio) cable.

But with the new TV, it uses HDMI, and so I bought a HDMI-HDMI Cable, but for my Video Card (Radeon 4830) I am using the included DVI->HDMI converter/adapter, and when I plug it into the TV under the input of "HDMI (DVI)", and the Audio into the same input for (HDMI(DVI) Audio), no audio is played on the TV.

And the Audio does work as the TV has sound and if I use the USB feature, the videos (most) play with sound {Some don't due to incompatible codecs}

So my question is... What might have I done wrong to not allow audio to go through? As I'm aware that using the DVI->HDMI Converter renders it to only show video (Which I can see on the TV) just no Audio is heard.

I googled a little and people were mentioning settings about SPDIF, but in Realtek, I see it but I can't configure it except for muting it. And for both the Output/Input I only have Realtek HD (Output/input), I don't have any other options that I can select.

And I was thinking perhaps I need to dl another program or something that would enable the audio either from Realtek or ATI... But just not too sure.

Might I need to provide any other information?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, I read about that and sadly, unless I'm completely blind, and I read the manual, there isn't an optiont o specify the audio except for using the TV Speakers or External Speakers.

And I don't think it'd be using External due to if I use the RCA cables, I want it going through the TV...

But the Adapter that came with my Video Card should be able to automatically carry the sound over to the TV right?

Cause I'm currently using the latest Realtek / Catalyst Drivers.

(IF the adapter does send audio as well, it's okay if I plug into the other HDMI inputs, but no luck ther eas well.)

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm using WinXP Pro 32bit.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
I don't have an ATI card that supports audiio over DVI to its secial adapter but AFAIK if the card has 2 DVI connections the special adapter is only supported over one of them and you also have to configure the Audio built into the card with the ATI driver/CCC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^Hmm let me try switching the Ports for the DVI's then, as I know last time I did it, the 'primary' port became my TV when I didn't want that, but I'll try to see if one of the 2 are 'special'.

As for configuring audio through Catalyst.. unno as I see no sound options.. but will try swapping first.

EDIT:

Just realized that Realtek has specified drivers for ATI HDMI, so going to download that and give it a shot.

2nd EDIT:

Yup the ATI Driver from Realtek solved it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.