AVS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone with and ATI 4850 and Netflix confirm that their Watch Instantly Service is working?

I am getting a DRM error from Netflix telling me that my DRM needs to be reset. Resetting it does nothing. Netflix says it is an ATI error.

DRM is a pain in the butt.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawguy /forum/post/14256408

Can anyone with and ATI 4850 and Netflix confirm that their Watch Instantly Service is working?

I am getting a DRM error from Netflix telling me that my DRM needs to be reset. Resetting it does nothing. Netflix says it is an ATI error.

I only see one thread that someone able to do that; maybe you can try to contact him and see...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Do not do it. I have a 3850 and got the same error initially. I reset my DRM and my tuner stopped working in VMC. Had to reinstall Vista. I was using component when I tried and after reinstall I used HDMI just to get things running. After initially watching something via HDMI I was able to switch back to component.

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. It looks like it is probably not the card. I wonder what is going on with my setup now.

·
Registered
624 Posts
try uninstalling the Netflix software, reinstalling it and running a movie on Internet Explorer, so that it gets the DRM keys

netflix had an update a few days ago

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Whenever I get stupid enough to try the Netflix Viewer on my VMC SP1 machine, it kills my AverMedia MCE250 tuner card.

It is hell to get it back working again.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapore0n /forum/post/14258794

try uninstalling the Netflix software, reinstalling it and running a movie on Internet Explorer, so that it gets the DRM keys

netflix had an update a few days ago

Be careful about uninstalling and reinstalling the Netflix software too many times. I think you only get 4 or 5 installs per account, per year, then Netflix blocks you from further installs. I had to call customer service, and they gave me an extra "courtesy install", but said that was it until January.

·
Registered
197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calpoly_ME /forum/post/14259849

Be careful about uninstalling and reinstalling the Netflix software too many times. I think you only get 4 or 5 installs per account, per year, then Netflix blocks you from further installs. I had to call customer service, and they gave me an extra "courtesy install", but said that was it until January.

Are you serious? That is really stupid. What does it matter how many times you install it as long as you working with the DRM. Damn I hate that.

·
Registered
187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by haubrija /forum/post/14260767

Are you serious? That is really stupid. What does it matter how many times you install it as long as you working with the DRM. Damn I hate that.

i think its because they dont want too many people to use 1 account and share the watch-now stuff. its only 4 machines enabled. if you re-install OS then you have to re-enable that machine again.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
hmmm I wonder why mine still isn't working. i got like 3 different errors. one claiming video card, another claiming windows media player, and sometimes nothing, just doesn't load up.. weird, as it was working fine yesterday.

i already reinstalled netflix viewer, and also got latest video card drivers...

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by haubrija /forum/post/14260767

About six months ago, I had a bad video component (an ATI 2600XT AGP version) that just didn't work properly so I wound up doing several formats and reinstalls. After doing this a few times (and trying out the netflix service in between), Netflix wouldn't let me run anything telling me that I was out of installations. I called Netflix and they explained that you are only allowed to install it on like 4 PCs. That is four installs, not on four different PCs. They gave me ONE more install and told me that THAT WAS IT. Those installs are good for a year, then the DRM resets.

·
Registered
296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawguy /forum/post/14256408

You aren't using component video are you? For DRM to work, you have to be using an 'intelligent' connection DVI or HDMI. I had the same problem you are reporting until I switched from component to DVI out - this was on an Nvidia 8600GTS card though.

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalawod /forum/post/14262251

You aren't using component video are you? For DRM to work, you have to be using an 'intelligent' connection DVI or HDMI. I had the same problem you are reporting until I switched from component to DVI out - this was on an Nvidia 8600GTS card though.

Nope. HDMI with HDCP all the way through my video chain. Bluray movies play fine. They were trying to tell me that I had a HDCP hardware issue.

·
Registered
624 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cganesh75 /forum/post/14260863

i think its because they dont want too many people to use 1 account and share the watch-now stuff. its only 4 machines enabled. if you re-install OS then you have to re-enable that machine again.

they went with the lazy approach

rather than limit their servers to 2-3 streams per account, they went with 4 installs per account. They probably took it out of the manuals from Microsoft lol

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
So, I called netflix as to why my watch now still wasn't working, and they told me I had driver issues with my video card due to running vista SP1, and even though that my card was up to date, that I would need to try other drivers...

I told them it was working fine until yesterday, and nothing changed...

I use an XFX 8500GT and use driver verson 7.15.11.7519.

For audio, I use realtex high definition optical driver version 6.0.1.5485.

Anyone have any ideas as to get my watch now working again?

Anyone else all of a sudden lose watch now functionality?

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
This is the error I'm getting...

Video Driver Error

Your computer's video card driver may not support the Netflix Movie Viewer. Sometimes simply rebooting your computer will fix the problem. If not, please obtain the latest driver from your computer's video card manufacturer or its web site, install it, reboot your computer, and try to play a movie again.

For further information, see our Video Driver Error FAQ. If the problem persists, or you would like assistance, please contact Netflix technical support and report the following error code(s):

WMPError(C00D1197)

Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
So i was researching on different forums trying every possible method to get this to work again, and all I had to do was reset the IE internet settings found in the tools/advanced menu of the browser....

I called Netflix back to give them a heads up to offer this as another troubleshooting measure with this error code. Seems like these codes that get sent out can be caused by several different factors, which required a bunch of troubleshooting...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts