AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok after a week of research I picked my lcd tv and audio equipment.

Panasonic viera s1 32”

Polk audio :

Cs1

Monitor 40 x4

Sub: bic v1020

Receiver: onkyo tx-sr507

Video card ati 5770 xfx (was already part of my pc build as is the x4 995 c3 )

Now after 2 days and many hours of reading I still cant get dts-hd working. I can get the lamp for dts to come on but not dts hd mstr. I have power dvd 9 ultra and totalmedia theatre 3 (3.01.170). in tmt3 when set to using original primary I see in the information window on tmt3 that’s its dts-hd mstr pass-through and I get no sound from the onkyo. If I set it to dts mixing I get the dts 5.1 light but the tmt3 info window say dts hd mstr. If I use pcm or dts in powerdvd9 I get dts 5.1 on the onkyo if I use hd audio I get nothing. I have installed the realtek driver r242. Still nothing. My onboard sound is disabled also. I am using ati ccc 10.2 and driver 8.14. is there a way to get this working help. And I would like to hope one of the two pieces of software is to blame so I can get a refund on the other.

Can some one help or point me to some reading I messed?

·
Premium Member
5,402 Posts
Try the (*) Edid ONKYO override (or any of the 2 available Panasonic Display Device + Onkyo combinations that best suits you) listed on 1st. post of thread linked in my sig., just in case your 507 needs to be EDID-overriden to bitstream. In section 2 you'll find instructions on how to install it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if by the two you mean:

Samsung LN-S4095D - ONKYO TX-NR906.inf

and

Toshiba 37WL66E - ONKYO TX-SR605.inf

ill try both but the sr605 first. i did not see any post about this receiver so i thought it was free from this. i will post back in a bit.

edit: have tryed Panasonic PT-AE3000 - ONKYO 705.... same thing, will post back in a min.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so i installed the Toshiba_37WL66E_-_ONKYO_TX-SR605

i got sound but no display so could not test the hd sound. had to use system restore to fix issue
going to try some more.

edit tested Panasonic_TH-42PZ700U_-_ONKYO_905 same as orgial issue dts but no hd.

im not even going to try the Samsung_LN-S4095D_-_ONKYO_TX-NR906. i guess you meant the 2 Panasonic's. that i tried.

also "WHAT THESE MODS FIX FOR BITSTREAMING

With DENON, SONY, and some ONKYO AVRs/AVPs with NO override:

1. You won't get the third option on audio settings of PDVD9."

i get that 3rd option the hd sound option just with tmt3 it goes to pass-though and powerdvd9 it just dont work when the move starts. with tmt3 i have a info window i cant turn it on in pd9.

·
Premium Member
5,402 Posts
Yes, if you get the third option on PDVD9 it's not an EDID issue for sure.

Is the Onkyo HDMI set to "AMP" (this is how it's called on the DENON, meaning no TV audio passthrough)?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i read about that. i went through the docs on the onkyo and did not see this mode. there is a setting i found on it that says audio to tv no. also what all do i need to post in the edid forum.

·
Premium Member
5,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroblackwolf /forum/post/18266425

i read about that. i went through the docs on the onkyo and did not see this mode. there is a setting i found on it that says audio to tv no. also what all do i need to post in the edid forum.

No, no, sorry, you can post on the thread in my sig., but:

1. If you get the third option on PDVD9 then you DO NOT need an EDID override, an your 507 is free of EDID audio issues.

2. If the Onkyo HDMI is set to "AMP" (no TV audio passthrough) then problem is ATI driver or software or system requiring a clean reinstall.

See this post in the other thread. There's a similar case to yours with a 507.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if i dont have a new hdmi cord aka an old stander will i get dts and dd but not dts-hd mstr ect

on another note. i get full channel pcm mode. at least thats what the onkyo says when set to pcm... grrr hrmm

edit: on another note should i try older drivers and ccc. 9.6 to 10.1?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think i found my problem, but not sure. do i need win 7. i was going to wait for a year till they knock out most of the bugs. i ask because i have tried old realtek drivers and new ones. and my sound options look like this

they need to look like this form what i have seen and it makes sense.

also when installing mpc hc i could not find the Microsoft DTV-DVD to block. my guess is this is a win 7 thing. if i need win 7 so be it here i come dx11

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
solved!!! vista blows for bitstreaming...

i bought and installed win 7 home premium then ati ccc newest 10.2 then the realtek r2.42 ati hdim driver then my powerdvd9 and i now can bitstream.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts