AVS Forum banner

261 - 266 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Installed my new 4003 Saturday afternoon. Replaced a couple of Emotivas.

Initial impressions are more bass response, tighter bass, and More “space” between words/notes.

Overall initial impression: Worth the Money!!

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Any owners near Los Angeles?

Hey everyone!

I'm short two channels so possibly switching amps. A friend recommended the 6007 - was curious if anybody local owns something in the 4000 or 6000 line I could hear? I currently use a Krell + D sonic (2 channel) but want an all in one solution. 90% HT and gaming on JTR speakers. I think these amps would be a great match, but I've never heard them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey everyone!

I'm short two channels so possibly switching amps. A friend recommended the 6007 - was curious if anybody local owns something in the 4000 or 6000 line I could hear? I currently use a Krell + D sonic (2 channel) but want an all in one solution. 90% HT and gaming on JTR speakers. I think these amps would be a great match, but I've never heard them.

Thanks!
Ethos I am getting the ATI6003 next week. I am sure we can work something out:)

·
Premium Member
623 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh awesome! Ill shoot you a message

Ethos I just received my ATI6003 (my first separate amplifier) yesterday and I am super impressed. While listening to music I can hear more clarity and the separation of notes even at much lower volumes. My CM10 S2s now blend great with my dual S/812 subs. So much so that I am now considering keeping them, not upgrading to 805D3s, and getting a turntable instead (wife has lots of records from her parents collection).

I tested a few movies scenes (Ready Player One race scene is a good one) that I've watched quite a few times and removing the LCR from the receiver has made a big difference in my 5.2.4 Atmos setup. Now I'm going to watch the Top Gun Atmos disk that I just bought:)

Of course I am coming from Marantz 7012 amplification as a point of reference.

Reactions: audiofan1

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Ethos I just received my ATI6003 (my first separate amplifier) yesterday and I am super impressed. While listening to music I can hear more clarity and the separation of notes even at much lower volumes. My CM10 S2s now blend great with my dual S/812 subs. So much so that I am now considering keeping them, not upgrading to 805D3s, and getting a turntable instead (wife has lots of records from her parents collection).

I tested a few movies scenes (Ready Player One race scene is a good one) that I've watched quite a few times and removing the LCR from the receiver has made a big difference in my 5.2.4 Atmos setup. Now I'm going to watch the Top Gun Atmos disk that I just bought:)

Of course I am coming from Marantz 7012 amplification as a point of reference.
Awesome - I see such great feedback on it. Coming from a Krell amp, I don't think it would sound too different...or "better". I think the D-Sonic sounds fine for music (not great) but I haven't been able to a/b it w/ the Krell yet. For HT, its pretty hard to tell the differences, but it seems to be fine. I love the all in one box solution, which is why Im tempted to snag a 6007. One of these days I'm going to do a detailed a/b and make a decision. Using JTR speakers, I always just WANT MORE WATTS! even though I don't need them haha.

261 - 266 of 266 Posts