AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Have a look at my software configuration link below.

Step by step on how to configure ATI 7.5... I know is not 7.6, but at least you can try to replicate my steps and see if it works for 7.6.

Good luck

·
Registered
625 Posts
Suggest U back up to ATI7.5mmc

No One here has had much luck with ATI7.6mmc/DVD including myself

The ATI7.6mmc w/o the DVD player seems to be OK if you keep 5.0 DVD

Maybe that's why ATI originally pulled the DVD player?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips guys.

gnollo,

SInce I am a Windows newbie, it may take a while for me to muster up the courage to go messing around with registry files and such. WinDVD is working well for me right now although the possible improvements to be had in SQ and PQ by using different filters does sound tempting.

Mouw,

I tried uninstalling 7.6 and reinstalling 7.5 and this resulted in the same behavior. I haven't tried the MMC 7.6/DVD 5.0 combo. My Radeon card came with 7.5, I'll check if 5.0 is downloadable from somewhere.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Hi Doug,

Are you trying to output via the ATI S/PDIF (a connector on one of the AIW line of cards), or your soundcard's S/PDIF output?

Edit: Another question, what is the video card and soundcard you are working with?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Quote from Doug Ravizza:

---------------------------------

Thanks for the tips guys.

gnollo,

SInce I am a Windows newbie, it may take a while for me to muster up the courage to go messing around with registry files and such.

---------------------------------

I recently uninstalled my ATI Radeon AIW for a ATI Radeon 7500.

I followed my guide step by step, and I checked the performance without driver tweaks..

IT SUCKED!

Stuttering of all dvd players and the rest...

It's very easy and user friendly, make sure you follow the two steps, (it will benefit whoever watches FILM sources)

1) Download the registry file here
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attac...&postid=736432

Unzip quality.reg to the Desktop

Double click on it, and click on YES.

2) Click on Start, and then Run and type Regedit (press OK)

go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\RAVISENT\\Cinemaster DS DVD\\1.0\\VideoDecoder

and make sure that the key

"DXVA Forceweave"

is set to

"dword:00000001"

Most likely it won't

To change it just double click on the key and change its value to 1, then press OK

3) make sure that you set

"DXVAEnableFrameDrop" to 0 (it helps...), you will find it in the same directory in Regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\RAVISENT\\Cinemaster DS DVD\\1.0\\VideoDecoder

Then reboot.

It made a hell of a difference for me on my WinXP setup (enables hardware acceleration as well...)

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
On top of that,

- if you don't have PowerDVD XP go and buy one! (just tried the demo, and it doesn't have claud.ax..., so you cannot use the demo anymore I think...)

- download ZoomPlayer 2.6 here and install it

- start the Zoom Player and right click on the player background

- select Options

- click on DVD on the left side of the Zoom Player options panel

- click on the DVD Setup tab and unclick Use System Default

- select Cineplayer v4 with PowerDVD v4 Audio for SBLive if you have an SBLive. There are other cards already listed, if yours is not listed try the Default Waveout Device (fingers crossed it should work)

- click on External on the left side of the Zoom Player options panel, it should give you an option for PowerDVD audio Output. Choose SPDIF

- reopen regedit (see above) and go to

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\CyberLink\\PowerDVD]

set the key "DSAUIF" to dword:00000004 by double clicking on it, and changing it to 4 (press enter)

After a reboot you should have a perfectly working SPDIF setup, Power DVD sound and ATI video through Zoom Player

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ICvdo,

I haven't tried DVD Genie yet. Do you have an ATI AIW or a seperate sound and graphics cards?

Sherbona,

I have a Radeon 7200 and Nightingale Pro 6.

gnollo,

Thanks for the tutorial. I'll give it a try this weekend and let you know how it goes. I suppose if I get into trouble I can always go back to my present setup.

I must say though that with WinDVD (at default settings) and using PowerStrip putting out 960p X 1440 at 72Hz my G70 looks incredible compared to the iScan+/Toshiba SD-2109 pre-HTPC setup. I plan on trying 48Hz as well. The HTPC SQ is not nearly as good even though they are both using the same DAC (a Sunfire TG II).

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
Hey,

I had problems with 7.6 as well.

I did a complete reinstall clean with 7.5

But, since I'm using Windows98SE with a different sound card, I can't really help you much.

Good Luck,

Brian

edit- By the way, I could have shown you WinDVD on a CRT projector a few years ago when I picked up the 1271. I had my HTPC in the car at the time. I think WinDVD (2.6.4) is nearly the best player there is for film source, second only to Zoomplayer and/or TheaterTek with the ATI filters.

Thanks again for the great projector and good luck with the HTPC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.