AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the extra time this weekend I decided to devote some of it to tweaking the HT. One item on the list was upgrading from the ATI 7.5 DVD player to the 7.6

First off with the Aspect Ratio control correctly working with Zoom I finally have everything I want in a HTPC DVD player. And the picture quality, while only a bit better than 7.5, is the best I have seen yet.

Additionally, with the ability to use different audio filters, Radeon users don't have to settle for Power DVD's PQ.

Finally, if I get the Delta 410 and it works as advertised then I should be absolutely delighted.

BTW I have only one issue with this combo, I can no longer play .VOB files back in DD/DTS, any help is appreciated in that department. It almost seems like DVD audio and media audio setup are different from one another? (It's a c-media audio card under XP)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
It makes for one heck of a DVD player doesn't it? I finally switched over ZP and ATI 7.6 with WinDVD audio and I love it. A fairly significant improvement over anything else out there IMO.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I tried to upgrade to ATI 7.6 this week end. The installation program kept asking the number that was suppose on the CD, and it did not accept the one on the installation CD. What did I do wrong?

I had a 'Power by' 7500 card.

Ming

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Using different brand filters for VOB playback may actually cause conflicts.

You can get around it by creating a media extension graph file, or possibly by registering both filters (which "shouldn't" effect DVD playback if you're using a specific graph, but then again, who knows).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi,

I was just reading your thread and noticed your mentioning of audio going through windvd or powerdvd.

(I am a newbie):D Yesterday I was triyng out the same Ati player with my Ati Radeon 7500.

It worked beautifully, but I couldn’t get the S/Pdif output to work.

While this worked fine on windvd and Powerdvd.

I really want to use this player, so do you know how I could get the S’/Pdif output to work on the Ati player? Or do I have to use another palyer for the digital audio output? If so, could you please tell me how to achieve this.

Thanx!

:)

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
See my signature (software config) for a tutorial on how to setup the ATI + ZP + PowerDVD 4XP, the principle is the same if you want to use Zoom Player as a software front end, using a specific player video capabilities and another player audio capabilities. Is a guide for WinXP users.

Hope it helps

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kenfab
Out of curiosity, how would the ATI 7.6/ZP 2.6 combo compare to the TheaterTek Player?

Ken
[treading in dangerous water] IMO, TT no longer offers anything on ZP other than maybe an easier setup (minus the product key). I was still using TT on my HTPC because of the automatic AR. As of 2.60, ZP now does this. I also feel that the Cinemaster v4 video filters are better than those in the TT. Especially for video based material. You no longer have to set to "force weave" and deal with combing menu's, special features, etc. If your a fan of TT though, a newer version with updated filters will be out one of these days. The problem with ATI7.6 is that the Cinemaster v4 audio filters leaves a bit to be desired. Most are using WinDVD audio for the best stabilty. That maybe whats holding up a newer version of TT. [/getting out of the water]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks for the reply Greg.

I happen to own TT, WinDVD, & PowereDVD (latest versions of each), but I haven't yet tried ZP. I've been using TT as my primary player but after reading this thread I think I'll be looking into the ZoomPlayer. ;)

Ken

·
Registered
173 Posts
First, here is what I have:

Pentium 4 1.6aGhz

Intel D845PT MB

256MB

Audiophile 2496

Windows XP Pro

I've loaded PowerDVD XP4.0, ATI 7.6 and ZP 2.60

Connected via coax to Anthem AVM-2 Preamp.

PowerDVD XP 4.0 works fine in both DD and DTS thru S/PDIF of AP2496.

ATI 7.6 when set to digital output is buggy thru AP2496.

I cannot get any digital output using ZP 2.6 and Cineplayer and any combination of audio. There is one selection for PowerDVD audio for M-Audio but it's not for Win XP.

Anyone with similar setup that I have I'd like to know how you were able to successfully use ZP 2.6 with ATI 7.6 and audio with PowerDVD XP.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Go to the external dialog in the ZP options, set the powerdvd audio to sp/dif, then try the Cinemaster with powerdvd using directsound and using wave out, one should work.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Blight
Go to the external dialog in the ZP options, set the powerdvd audio to sp/dif, then try the Cinemaster with powerdvd using directsound and using wave out, one should work.
Thanks, Blight.

I followed your instructions and I was able to get it to work using wave out (directsound would not work, keeps giving me connect error message).

Right now DTS is working fine but I got some serious lip-sync problems with DD. DD Audio is about 1-2 secs late.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cunanan

Thanks, Blight.

I followed your instructions and I was able to get it to work using wave out (directsound would not work, keeps giving me connect error message).

Right now DTS is working fine but I got some serious lip-sync problems with DD. DD Audio is about 1-2 secs late.
Anyone out there can help me with the lip-sync problems with ZP2.6+PowerDVD XP+ATI 7.6+WinXP+AP2496?

DTS is fine but DD have serious lip-sync problems.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I am fighting this same problem, if you want, see post entitled "Long Weekend Quest", which has now turned into "Long Weekend plus another week or so Quest".

I don't know if you also have WinDVD, I have better luck sync-wise anyway, with this filter, I have WinDVD 3.1 filters right now. I am using Cineplayer 4 w WinDVD for MAudio (not for Win2000 or XP). I edited the dvdgraph and changed MA_DELTA.DLL to quartz.dll, now the filters will register with no errors. I also added a line at the end SetFilterSync for the MAudio audio decoder.

This combo works a lot better for me than PowerDVD audio filters. The final piece of the puzzle was a little workaround I just discovered. When starting a DVD that is Dolby Digital (DTS is fine for me too, go figure, you would "think" that would be more problematic), it is out of sync. But, if I right click and go to Filter Properties while the DVD is playing, I can select the properties for the Intervideo Audio Filter. Then change it to Dolby Surround, then click apply. Then change it BACK to Enable SPDIF, then apply and OK. Now, the audio is magically in sync, and seems to stay that way for the remainder of the DVD.

I know this isn't ideal, but isn't really that bad either, except for the wife saying "what are you doing, quit messing around again!!", but its done quick enough.

There may be some kind of similar trick for the PowerDVD filters, but everything is greyed out on the properties for this filter when trying to do the same thing.

I hope that helps, I will keep you posted if come up with something permanent...

da_burl

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Isn't it about time that MAudio came up with a driver that fixed these issues? I have a Terratec EWX 24/96 which is based on the same chip as the Audiophile yet I have no such problems. Has anyone tried VXD drivers or are you all running XP?

Jeff

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think it is an XP issue.

I am using the digital out of an audigy and have the same lip-sync issues.

For the past few weeks I have turning the spdif off and then back on in the dvd player software to get something watchable. It is a definate kludge.

This issue exists for me regardless of the dvd player I use.

I suppose that someone (Blight) could put the kludge of a fix into their DVD player software and have this happen automatically after dvd playback begins, but it seems like it should not be happening...

Does anyone know technically what's up with that?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.