AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting the Sanyo PL 70. I currently have an HTPC with the 7500. My question is whether it can be configured for the 1366x768 desktop without Powerstrip. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
just out of curiosity, why the aversion to powerstrip? I ask as I am considering a wxga pj and the ati 9700.

Phil

·
Registered
344 Posts
To answer the question, yes. 1360x768 at 62hz is a standard mode supported in the ATI drivers I have (pre catalyst). I tried powerstrip but saw no improvement and a definate increase in system 'flakeyness' so removed powerstrip. PS did allow other refresh rates. I tried 48, 60 and 72 with several movies. The ATI supported 62 seemed about the same to me.

James Thorne

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
philba, cuz I'm cheap, that's why. James- I currently am spoofing my 7500 with the Sony something 90 so it will put out 1024x768. do you know what display I would pick to get 1366x768?

·
Registered
344 Posts
My driver has a setting (check box) to 'only display resolutions supported by your monitor' I unselected that and then all resolutions supported by the driver were listed. 1360x768x62Hz was supposedly for some Dila display device and is near the bottom of a VERY long list. But it works fine on my PLV-70. ( I am running Windows 2000 Pro by the way).

James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.