AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to upgrade my pc for HTPC usage, mainly dvd movie watching using Sanyo projector (Z2) thru DVI.

And base on my readings in this forum the right card for my usage and budget are ATI 9600 pro or nVidia 5700.

I'm turn between these two cards so, please give me your recommendations, experience and comments into which is the right choice.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Lately it seems that more and more people turn to Nvidia and starting with 5700 they seem to have an edge in image quality over ATI. So, I'd recommend 5700.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Vlad is a stockholder in nVidia I know it! *grin*

Seriously, thats what everyone has been talking about lately.

It seems that with Theater Tek 2 takes huge advantage in the newer nVidia cards builtin hardware.

But if not using TT2 then I beleive the Radeon 9600 and up is great for Overlay and Sonic codecs.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vlad is an nVidia stockholder?! Well, if it's true Vlad seems to trust and promote his investment. :)

I read the with dvd only usage, both cards have almost the same quality. Well, I'm leaning to buy 9700 pro because of the good reviews, popularity and stability. Most probably it will be Sapphire Radeon 9700 pro 128mb.

Are there any recommended 9700 pro video card maker?

-------------------

Tokyo

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Opppps, wrong video car......I'm pertaining to 9600 pro (not 9700 pro).

-------------------

Tokyo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.