AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using the Radeon ATI 9700 to drive my Barco 808G ceiling mounted CRT, and I am noticing very subtle wavy horizontal "HUM BARS" on the 10' projected screen. No one else notices this but ME! Could the Radeon ATI 9700 card causing this? The VGA cable to the Barco is shielded. These bars seem to come and go almost cyclicly but there is no pattern. They seem to just vanish after 45 minutes when the computer and the PJ "WARM UP". I cannot isolate any source that is causing the video noise. I have turned off the amplifiers and unplugged any items not needed, but still the lines continue. Is there a link to an ATI card modification to correct this? Could it be the ATI Remote sender or the wireless mouse/keyboard? How about nearby 120 V A/C lines? Is it possible to SHIELD the computer in anyway? IT occurs on DVD's, TV, and computer data, graphics and screens. There were no hum bars with a Centerstage CS 1 video processor before the HTPC, so it has to be something with the new computer. Has anyone else experienced this?

THANKS

BARRY

·
Registered
684 Posts
The best way to test would be to borrow another video card or two. It would be especially useful to try another matching card, and also one from another manufacturer, like nVidia or Matrox.

If you don't see the same artifact with an nVidia or Matrox (or whoever) card, then it is probably due to the Radeon. If you see the same artifact, the problem lies elsewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.