AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Nvida FX5200 outputs fine to my hdtv but when i put in my ati 9800 and connect it via DVI to my tosh 57hdx82, i get nada

Now when i boot the pc it does display on the tv so the tv is receiving the dvi signal but as soon as xp starts poof the display goes black. In the displays section of the ati drivers it looks like its not detect my hdtv as a display device ? I can get output via svideo to work .. but thats really not what i want .. what am i missing ?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate the link but that doesn't work for me .. if i switch to display 2, click extend my desktop and then apply it flashes back to dispaly 1 and display 2 looses the checkbox. Its almost as if the ati isn't seeing the hdtv .. yet like i said if i reboot i see the bootup on the tv until xp starts .. and a geforce fx5200 sees it just fine with same calbe ..

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by riekl
Appreciate the link but that doesn't work for me .. if i switch to display 2, click extend my desktop and then apply it flashes back to dispaly 1 and display 2 looses the checkbox. Its almost as if the ati isn't seeing the hdtv .. yet like i said if i reboot i see the bootup on the tv until xp starts .. and a geforce fx5200 sees it just fine with same calbe ..
Have you tried to check not only "extend" but also "use as primary monitor" and hit apply then? You then could switch to the other monitor (it's now the secondary one) and uncheck "extended".

In other works you switch primary and secondary around....

_____

Axel

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Hmmmm,

I wonder if both display adapters of the card were properly installed. What does your Device Manager tell you?

_____

Axel

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by riekl
Device manager shows 2 display adapters

RADEON 9800 PRO

RADEON 9800 PRO - SECONDARY
"Unfortunately", that's the way it should be.... and I assume no error message or something.....

Have you tried uninstalling, then reinstalling the drivers?

Here another idea: Have you tried switching displays (TV vs. PC)? Do you get an image on your PC display on this adapter?

_____

Axel

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Here another one:

What res/timing are you trying to get on the TV? It might not be compatible with your TV, so it simply does not react to it. You could try something basic, e.g. VGA

______

Axel

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well my monitor doesn't have dvi so i can't just switch the inputs (this card has 1 vga out 1 dvi out and 1 svideo out)

Now the thing that is confusing me is if i unplug monitor and just plug in tv on the dvi, and i go to the "displays" tab the 4 boxes Monitor, Monitor, TV, FPD all show x's through them

I assume that the 2nd "Monitor" should show my TV ??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.