AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just now setting up my HTPC and surround sound system and I am not getting SPDIF sound from the HTPC DVD. Setup: Pioneer 106S DVD, AIW 8500 video card, K7S5A mother board, Athlon XP 1800+ CPU, WIN XP Pro, Onkyo HT-R500 receiver. I do not have a separate sound card and am using the native K7S5A audio connections.

I have the ATI output adaptor connected to the A/V out port on the AIW 8500. The ATI output adaptor is also connected to the line in port on the K7S5A. The ATI output adaptor is also connected to the Onkyo Digital Input Coxial connector. I have tried playing the DVD with both the Windows Media Player and the AVI DVD player. I select DVD and Surround Sound on the Onkyo and get no sound.

The video from the DVD works fine on my computer monitor. I can get stereo sound from the DVD by connecting the audio out from the K7S5A to the Onkyo CD inputs and selecting CD on the Onkyo. Please HELP.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Have you tried the ATI dvd player yet? AFAIK, the only software capable of passing movie audio out of the ATI s/pdif is dvd player that comes with the card. All other software requires a soundcard (or soundcard on motherboard) solution.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.