AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some weirdness a week or so ago (Windows XP, Infocus X-1, etc.) and, first, there was no audio when using the ATI TV viewer. I uninstalled the software and reinstalled from the CD (MMC 7.5). The TV sound now works again, but, when I go into the audio settings (for DVD) and attempt to select the ATI card for sound output, I get silence! What is so weird is that it all worked up until the weirdness of a week ago.

Does anyone have an idea of where to look? Could it be something in the hardware? Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I seem to have the same problem here with my AIW 8500DV. When I try to watch the TV via the MMC 8.7, there is absolutely NO sound. However, when I watch VCDs using the MMC VCD player or when I watch DVDs using the PowerDVD software, the sound comes out fine.

The lack of sound problem seems to be isolated to the TV viewing. Does anyone know why this is happening? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I just figured out the problem, I think.

I think the problem is with the Catalyst 3.9 driver bundle. When I downgraded to Catalyst 3.8, the sound came back on for the TV. So it seems that the sound problem is caused by the Catalyst 3.9 drivers. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.