AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here, so please ignore my ignorance when it comes to HDTV resolutions and setup. My HTPC is currently using the ATI AIW 9600 Pro graphics card connected to my Toshiba Cinema Series 43AX60 Projection set via S-Video. I recently purchased the ATI VGA->HDTV adapter as I was hoping to use the component input on my television instead of s-video. One thing I noticed looking through the tiny manual that came with the adapter was that it said the screen resolution had to be 640x480. I can get it to work at 640x480 in 480i, 480p, and 520p modes (selected on the ATI HD adapter), but if I try and change my screen resolution I get a picture however it is in a "virtual desktop" scrolling mode.

Is there any way to display resolutions higher than 640x480 without the scrolling using this ATI adapter?

If not, what would I need to accomplish this? I am not apposed to going out and buying some new adapter, although right now the setup with the Toshiba is only temporary since I am getting ready to start looking at DLP projectors.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.