AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried recording a TV program the other day using ATi AIW 32MB DDR Radeon (Multimedia Center 7.1). When I played back that program, the video was OK, but there was no audio. The audio was fine while I was watching the same program live (while the recording was in progress); I made sure that there was no "muting" anywhere in the play control panel. My setup: P4 1.4 512RAM WinMe; sound:SBAudigy (line out from AIW to line in in Audigy; optical audio out from Audigy drive to receiver); Powerstrip, nothing else extraneous. Any thoughts as to what I might have done wrong? Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Do you use the ATI DVD Player? Do you have 'enable spdif' on in the audio tab of the DVD player. If so, thats it. Disable the spdif in the DVD player and you'll get your analog sound back.

Dave

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave, thanks for the reply & suggestion. I tried this but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem:mad:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found the answer to my question on this link , an ATi support site:

Basically, for my AIW with Multimedia Center:

- Launch the ATI TV Player

- RIGHT CLICK on the TV IMAGE and select "Setup" from the menu

- Select the DISPLAY tab

- Click the "Initialization Wizard" button

- Click NEXT until the TV Sound screen appears.

- Set the "AUDIO INPUT" drop down menu to the appropriate selection ("LINE-IN" for most sound cards).

- In my case, the sound card is Audigy Platinum, with the Audigy drive, and I selected "ANALOG MIX (Line/CD/Aux/TAD)"

I just test-recorded a short segment of a PBS program; it worked just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.