AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about the ATI All-In-Wonder radeon to those that have this card;

Can I output the sound from the build in tv tuner through it's spdif output?

Can I output general CD sound through its spdif connector?

And does the above work under Win2000SP2?

------------------

-Torgeir

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
According to ATI-support/Europe software support for the SPDIFout on the Radeon AIW does not work yet. However, there were rumors that somebody has managed to get it work through some miraculous combination of settings in DVD Genie.

I tried to get it work for two afternoons, than I gave up http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

Cheers

Christoph

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've had it working since I built my new HTPC, using the ATI DVD 4.0 and MMC 7.0. As soon as I upgrade the ATI DVD to 4.1 the SPDIF breaks. However, passthrough suddenly appears to work, as I get DVD sound to my receiver via the 6-channel out from my sound card. If I use the digital out setting for the SBLive! then my receiver only detects ProLogic. I haven't played around with it too much, all I know is that without ATI DVD 4.1 I can get Dolby 5.1 out of the SPDIF on my Radeon. Guess I won't be upgrading.... Anyone else have this problem? I tried using DVDGenie as well and still couldn't get my SPDIF back.

Intel Pentium III 700E FC-PGA [cC0 Stepping] OC @933MHz, Alpha cooler

Asus CUSL2-C 815EP Motherboard

128MB Mushkin High Performance REV2 PC133 (2-2-2)

IBM Deskstar 75GXP 45GB ATA100

Seagate Barracuda 30GB ATA66

Pioneer DVD-106SB Slot Entry

ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon AGP

Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1

Antec KS780B ATX Desktop Case (PP253X power supply, Silencer 80mm case fan)

...27" Sony Trinitron (please be kind)

[This message has been edited by Screwtop (edited 05-15-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.