AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been doing research on ways to get component-out to my television and found this handy adapter designed for specific ATi cards. Seeing the short list of (really old) cards supported, I figured I'd keep looking, but after seeing the reviews and reading that some people used it successfully on some more modern HD 3xxx and HD 4xxx series cards, I went looking for some sort of list from AMD that explained which cards supported this strange YPbPr output through the DVI port.

The problem is, I can't find anything. The closest I've come is this seemingly defunct page , actually found on these forums.

I'm mainly interested in getting some HD 4xxx Series card working with it, specifically this card I found on newegg for really cheap , but I have no clue whether or not it would support this really odd (from what I've seen at least) feature. ATi's website claims that all HD 4300 Series cards support some sort of TV component-out, though I wouldn't consider that information very reliable since it's so non-specific.

Can anyone help? I'd really like to use that card since it would be perfect, but if anyone else can recommend a fairly cheap HD 4xxx card he/she found online with YPbPr component-out in some form I would be grateful.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
There are other solutions to supporting Component on a graqphics card besides ones that use a DVI-I ouput connector (The I stands for Integrated analog and digital and uses the 4 non DVI pin connections on the spade end of the connector to support component using an adapter(dongle). Look for graphics cards that support HDTV-out as that is the marketing term for YPrPb Component and what method the card uses to support may be other then through use of a DVI-I Connection.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts