AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently built a system with an HIS IceQ Turbo ATI HD 4670 video card, and ordered the component out dongle directly from ATI, because I have an older rear projection HD that only has component in (no HDMI). Everything seemed to be working fine after the vista 64 install until I installed catalyst. The system rebooted in order for the changes to take effect, and once windows booted up, it started going haywire. I can see an image of the desktop, but it is frantically scrolling down. I assume it's just a setting in catalyst that needs to be changed, but I'm new to this.

Can anyone offer any advice? It would be much appreciated. I could never have gotten as far as I have with this build if it weren't for this board.

Thanks,

d'ler

·
Registered
148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by downlowder /forum/post/15528012

The system rebooted in order for the changes to take effect, and once windows booted up, it started going haywire. I can see an image of the desktop, but it is frantically scrolling down. I assume it's just a setting in catalyst that needs to be changed, but I'm new to this.

d'ler

I've noticed that my refresh rate sometimes gets reset to 85 instead of 60

or 30 which are the only ones my TV support. It usually happens when changing resolution via the ATI task bar. I found it better to use the desktop advance settings then show all supported resolutions to ensure I get the right refresh rate.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Is your tv progressive scan or interlaced. This sounds like the problems I've had with my old SD tv hooked up through component. This setup has a nvidia card and I need to set it to 480i in the tv settings. ATI has a similar panel in catalyst. If your tv can only handle 1080i and you've got it set to 1080p you see something like what you've described.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.