AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So apparently ATI's new video card, the X2900 series, has come out...but it seems like it's only available at certain distributors (newegg has it). Has anyone here got the card yet? How's it perform. A lot of the reviews online say that the XTX versions will blow the Nvidia 8800's out of the water, but those are all preliminaries, and I haven't seen any actual customer reviews or comparisons.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
You're right, can't find any XTX reviews, just XT..

http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2988&p=20

Quote:
the bottom line is that R600 is not perfect nor is it a failure. The HD 2900 XT competes well with the 640MB 8800 GTS, though the 8800 GTS 320MB does have a price/performance advantage

Too bad ATi took so long to get this out the door. With this much of a wait we were expecting to see something along the lines of the 9700 Pro but oh well, it seems to fill a gap between the 640mb 8800GTS and the GTX. The power consumption under load is alarming though.

·
Registered
680 Posts
The XTX might blow the 8800 out of the water.. but the 8800 has been kicking ATIs a$$ since release.. and I imagine nVidia will come out with a new version to compete or better it soon. It's always back and forth.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
The 8800 GTX Ultra? eeek..no.

I think nvidia needs to work on the 8800 series drivers before anything else or make their hardware work with the software or vice versa.

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
Just ordered the Sapphire HD2900XT myself. I plan on getting a betting cooler for it and overclocking it. Personally, I don't think we've seen what this card will do, ATI just needs to get with it on the drivers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.