Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this software configuration:

Dx 8.0

MMc 7.1

I've unistalled them and installed :

Dx 8.1

Ati DVD 7.6

Now the problem:

1)no DD in ati dvd player (I DO NOT HAVE ANY MORE THE OPTION "enable spdif":mad: even if in help says that it should be there)

2)No cinemaster engine found in DVD Genie . (there was an engine there when I had MMc 7.1) So I guess I can't make any changes from it

3)The diagnosys tool from ati throws an error: the directshow drivers are not properly installed. Could this be my problem? If it is , from where could I download the direct show drivers?

thanks

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
7.6 uses different and separate audio and video filters than ATI 4.1 (MMC 7.1) which confuses DVD Genie. You need Zoomplayer 2.6 and use the Cinemaster/Directsound (or waveout) option to easily enable DD/DTS SPDIF output. You can also edit the registry for SPDIF activation under the Ravisent key. 7.6 only give DD/DTS via SPDIF for Radeon AIW cards with its own SPDIF port. If you can't get SPDIF to work then you may need WinDVD or PowerDVD and use Zoomplayer to mix the Ravisent video with a different audio filter (WinDVD is most stable DD/DTS and PowerDVD is second in stability IMHO). Most of us have found that MMC 7.5 is a bit more stable but 7.6 is slightly better in video quality (very slight). 7.5 can be downloaded (44 MB download) from HTPC file store (search here for link). Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.