Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm having problems using the ATI DVD player in fullscreen mode. Most of the time when I switch to fullscreen mode it will cause my system to reboot. Only once did it work, after which it rebooted when I toggled it to windowed and back to fullscreen mode again.

Has anyone experienced this? What is causing this and how can I solve it?

Also, why can't I choose the 16:9 mode in the options even when playing 16:9 DVDs? It reverts back to Pan&Scan or Windowed whenever I do it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
484 Posts
If you're not using the latest drivers and the newer version

of the multimedia center you should download them from the

ATI site and give them a try. If you are using a VIA chipset on

your motherboard you might try upgrading to the latest 4 in 1

drivers.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Goi:

___You have posted twice on your M-Audio setup problems as well as three other times for other HW/SW problems in the last 2 hours … From my reads, you are using the SiS735 based ECS based K7S5A along other HW under Windows 2000 without much HTPC knowledge going into your build and setup. I already mentioned to you about possible problems many are having w/ that MB in particular as well as links to HW forums for you to follow up on them … As for the rest of the HW/SW/Driver setups, please use the Search function . If you wanted us to build it for you, you could at least have given us the courtesy of looking over the forum for everything you needed to know before you attempted this project. Windows 2000 and the Radeon’s included ATI 4.1 player in particular is not a viable solution due to posterization problems in shadows and dark areas. Digital audio output needs specific M-Audio drivers as well as SP2 under Windows 2000 to work and even than, 24/96 capability is busted in some fashion as well.

___Sorry to rant but 5 threads in 2 hours is way beyond asking for help and is simply a waste of our forums server space and bandwidth.

___Good Luck w/ your searches …

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sorry if I posted too many threads...its just that I only get the chance to use my computer during the weekends, which is why I posted that much. I've actually been researching into my current HT system since late 2000(almost a year), but I didn't catch any problems with my current setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.