AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been playing around with the MMC 8.6 and the Easy View settings. I really like the look of Easy View, but I can't control the file library or the channel surf features, among others, without using the Remote Wonder. I have a Pronto that is programmed to run my entire system, and I don't want to have to use a second remote. Has anyone found a way to use the Easy View settings, but control them without the Remote Wonder--ie, through keyboard shortcuts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump for weekday crowd. Anyone still even using MMC?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am redoing my whole system right now. Did some research for the same question...

www.girder.nl

Get a IR receiver (link provided on girder) and use girder to convert actions to MMC. There is even a plugin for ATI MMC.

I have not done this yet. In fact my main question will be... how do I create a new IR signal from scratch for this... since there is nothing to learn from.

I haven't had any time to really look at the HTPC setup yet. Here's a question maybe you can answer... I was looking (briefly) at MMC for the "full-screen, browse everything media related from the remote control" mode.... is this 'easyview'? Where is that setting?

Also, anyone have a way to have MMC tune and record from DirectTV with an IR emitter and recording from S-Vid?

Keith

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply.

Easy View is the "full-screen, browse everything media related from the remote control", and you can find it under the ATI configuration icon as an extra tab along side where you choose skins, do the system check, etc.

Unfortunately, the Girder plugin doesn't work for with the Easy View mode--at least not for me. I have a DLL from ATI that does allow Girder to send commands to MMC successfully, but the DLL was written before Easy View.

Girder uses the "Send Message" plugin to send a command directly to MMC. You can set the trigger for this command with any IR signal you want. I have many IR signals that were created by an excel spreadsheet and then imported into my Pronto, so that when I push a certain button, the Pronto sends that IR signal. I then train Girder to learn that particular IR signal as the trigger for it to send the command to MMC. Girder can also be taught to send IR signals if you have an IR emmittor. That is the way that some people have success tuning an external tuner such as DirectTV. The procedure involves some pretty elaborate work in Girder. Wish I could be of more help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.