AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed a few channels are now missing when downloading the weekly schedule/listings for the ATI All in Wonder?

The listings have been comprehensive for all channels for over 3 months, but in the last 2 weeks the downloaded listings are missing 3 of my channels. I thought it was possibly a legal issue at first, maybe Sci-Fi Channel and Nickelodeon sent a cease/desist letter to Gemstar. That doesn't make sense to me though because the listings show 2 out of my 3 HBO listings on my Comcast cable system.

I searched through my options, and I'm pretty sure I didn't accidentally block them in the software.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
My guess is that somehow some of the data in the Borland database engine on your machine (which is what the Gemstar on your machine uses) became corrupted.

For me, very occassionally after downloading my updated listings there'll be missing channels and re-downloading these listings doesn't seem to fix it when it happens. I've always been able to workaround this by re-downloading listings for a *different* zipcode, and then re-re-downloading listings for my own zipcode.

Note that if you use this workaround and have pre-defined searches that use tv station(s) as a condition of the search, you may have to open your search definition and re-associate them to the relevent tv station(s).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The zipcode change, download, then revert back to original zipcode worked. I've got all my channels listed again. Looks like ATI should hire you as a s/w programmer:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.