AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get 1:1 mapping when I set the resolution to 1920x1080 at 30hz but I get the 1inch black bar around the screen when I set the resolution to 1920x1080 at 60hz.

I have the ATI x1600 pro, Sony KDL-46XBR2 1080 LCD television. I have the computer connected to the tv via dvi to hdmi cable.

Why cant 1080p at 60hz fill the entire screen, no 1:1 mapping. What am I doing wrong, please help.

·
Registered
620 Posts
i had the same issue with me westinghouse 1080p set and ati 1900xtx. i resolved it by setting the refresh rate to 75. black border gone. the refresh rate still seemed to be at 60 b/c in games i could not get over 60 frames per second but ccc said 75. odd but worked. i don't use the hdmi for pc on this set for pc it was only for testing purposes but give it a try.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok, I had the same problem with a Club3D x1650pro card and my new LG 47LB2RF. No solution to be found. Internal timing-issues on the card. I went out and got a MSI nx7600GT Diamond Plus card with HDMI output. Problem gone...
Radical, but I was told the x1650pro would likely not be able to display correctly without major retiming done, and that was not likely to happen.

Best Regards

Bo Eriksson

·
Registered
16 Posts
Scherer326,

if you want to set the refresh rate of your digital video out, you must enter the ATI console and set to advanced mode. I believe there is a manual refresh rate setting in the TV section. I might be mistaken, but I remember seeing this on my computer which has an ATI x1900GT made by Sapphire. I have heard people getting their ATI card to automatically detect the correct settings when connected to an LCD TV via DVI-HDMI by selecting the "automatically detect TV" button. I haven't had this work for me tho...

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can get 1080p (1920x1080 at 60hz) to work but it is not 1:1 mapping. There is a 1inch black outline around the whole screen. How can I get rid of this black area so the display shows on the whole screen.

·
Registered
125 Posts
When I finally got my ATI X1900 to send display to my TV, I had to tweak the settings a little as well. To get rid of the black bars, do as suggested and set the resolution refresh to 75.

Its in either the advanced section of the Display properties on the Monitor tab or if that won't work, you may need to adjust it in the Catalyst Control Center.

Also use the Custom settings for the TV and set it to Full Pixel mode and it'll get rid of the overscan around the edges.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkosantiago /forum/post/0

Scherer326,

if you want to set the refresh rate of your digital video out, you must enter the ATI console and set to advanced mode. I believe there is a manual refresh rate setting in the TV section. I might be mistaken, but I remember seeing this on my computer which has an ATI x1900GT made by Sapphire. I have heard people getting their ATI card to automatically detect the correct settings when connected to an LCD TV via DVI-HDMI by selecting the "automatically detect TV" button. I haven't had this work for me tho...

The timing-settings I'm talking about is not the refresh-rate. Apparently every Graphics-card manufacturer sets up some hardcoded timing-tables for every supported resolution. Some has not made an effort on the HDTV resolution on the more mainstream PC graphicscards. The resolution-support is just there to say it is.

In the case of the Club3D x1650pro the blackbars was constant no matter what refresh-rate I set, the LCD either just synced up with the same resulting image, or it lost sync. I was actually able to shift the picture down to the bottom and to the right resulting in 26 black lines on the Left and 6 black lines on the top. But that was it. The shrinked display of 1920x1080P was always constant in it's proportions. With the new card everything synced up perfectly.

The ATI-card has better out of the box colours, gamma and contrast settings though. Seemed perfect to me. The Nvidia card needs a lot of work in that department, but I think I already got it pretty good now...

Best Regards

Bo Eriksson

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
22benjamin22 , how do I set the refresh rate to 75hz for the tv, I only see 30hz or 60hz. I think If I set it to 75 maybe it will work.

I think I did try something else to 75hz but I got a message saying that you dont have administrative rights. How can that be, this is my computer.

·
Registered
125 Posts
On the "Monitor" tab in the Advanced section of Display Properties, you should see a section labeled "Monitor settings"

In this section the top item is "Screen refresh rate:"

There is a drop down to select available refresh rates. If only 30 and 60 are offered, uncheck the box just underneath "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" and then the option to select 75 should be there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.