AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off.. WOW this forum is amazing!

Now I have done some searching about my issues, and I found a ton of information about the new HD 5450 video card as an HTPC component, and I have downloaded a couple drivers that were recommended over the ATi drivers, but I am not sure this is what I need to fix my issues.

My problem is, the video seems fine but it doesn't use the entire screen. It does run at my native resolution (1920x1080) but I can see that it is not taking up the full screen. This very well might be a n00b problem but I am relatively new to the HTPC. Any help?

Also, I have the card connected to my Denon AV receiver with an HDMI cable. That being said, I can not get any audio to play through the system. I have changed a few settings in my OS but is there something I need to do in the receiver to tell it to pull the audio from the HDMI input?

My Stuff:

Samsung PN58B550T2

Dell XPS 420

Denon AVR590

Gigabyte ATi HD 5450

Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
This is a common issue which has been answered several times across several posts but anyhow...

Open Catalyst Control Center, choose Desktops & Displays, right-click on the display icon in the lower section, choose configure, and go to the Scaling Options tab. Move the scaling slider to the right until it fills your screen. If it doesn't fill the screen, then it's a setting on your TV.

Read this thread: ATI HD 5000 Series Known Problems (5870 5850 5770 5750 5670 5570 5450)

As to your audio issue, need more info. What are you using to play the audio? WMP, MCE, etc.? What OS flavor? What types of audio formats are you attempting to play? Audio only files or movies? Are you trying to bitstream? Do you have the necessary codecs installed? Have you played around at all in Audio properties via Control Panel | Sound?

Post your AVR specific questions in the Denon AVR 1610/590 owner's thread .

Yea, this forum is a goldmine and one of the oldest & largest on the Net. Recommend you spend some time exploring and searching.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.