AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure someone has encountered this and had it answered in the forum already, but I couldn't find it on a search.

I have a fresh MCE 2005 install. I bought an HDTV Wonder. The update picked up the drivers, and the HW and SW installed no sweat.

I can see the HD listings in MCE and can record a show. I cannot watch live TV or playback through MCE, I get weird stuttering and sound.

When I playback through WMP, it is perfect.

Any fixes or insights?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where does one get these?

Also, since WMP is using the same WinDVD codecs, shouldn't MCE play the DTV recordings too?

I'm just confused with the system.

·
Registered
502 Posts
You can buy MCE 2005 online at NewEgg or Directron.

I finally got my HDTV Wonder working in MCE2005 alongside a PVR-250. Video card is an 9800 Pro with the newest Catalyst drivers and I am currently using the NVDVD decoder. It took me about 3 days to get it all running correctly (reinstalled about 10 times too).

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Axiom,

What were the steps that you finally used to get everything working?

I am getting ready to install for about my 7th time. I am using Ghost and backing up my 40 Gig to the 250 Gig drive so it only takes about 2 minutes to restore an image and start over :)

I have an Athlon64, Radeon 9800Pro, ATI HDTV Wonder, PVR350, and I just bought the NVDVD codec last night.

Are you using the drivers from ATI for the ATI Wonder or just the ones from the Microsoft update?

Jim

·
Registered
502 Posts
After so many installs, it is all a blur, but I'll try to remember what I did. I was setting system restore points after every step as I installed.

Hardware:

Abit ICG-7 motherboard w/p4 3.4ghz

ATI Radeo 9800 Pro

WinTV PVR-250

ATI HDTV Wonder

Clean install of MCE2005 with only the 9800 and the PVR-250 inside the machine

Install motherboard drivers (chipset, LAN, and audio) and Reboot

Windows Update everything and Reboot

Install Catalyst drivers for 9800 Pro and Reboot

Install PVR-250 drivers

Install NVDVD decoder

Set up TV in MCE2005 for the PVR-250 and make sure it works

Install the first 3 items on the ATI HDTV Wonder driver page (DAO, Driver, and Decoder)

Install the HDTV Wonder card and point it to the drivers if you need to

Windows Update for the HDTV Wonder drivers and Reboot

Use the Windows Video Decoder Checkup Utility to make sure the NVDVD decoder is the preferred one

Reboot and setup your Digital Tuner in MCE2005

I think that is what I did.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmyk36
How do you hve your Hard Drive(s) set up? Are you buffering to a dedicated HD?
Right now, I have it recording to a 76GB Raptor 10,000 RPM SATA drive. I also have a 400GB SATA for storing movies, pictures, and music. The boot drive is an 7200 RPM IDE 160GB.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
How does the ATI HDTV Wonder stand up against Myhd-120?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.