AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I try to watch standard def tv with this tuner card, it get an error saying that i don't have DMA enabled on my drives, even though I do. It gives me the same error when watching DTV, but it still lets me watch DTV. For standard TV it wont let me watch though. It seems that this is a rather common problem with this card. If anybody knows how to fix this, I would love you for ever, as i have been searching the net for 2 days now looking for how to fix this.

edit: I have a ATi Radeon 9800, AMD 64 3000+, and an Nforce 3 based mobo.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Its not really a problem; its just a bug when you happen to have the nvidia IDE drivers installed. I get the same dialog box when I start up the DTV program, and i just click the 'Dont Show This Again' button everytime.

You could always switch back to the default Microsoft IDE drivers but I find them to be slower. I'm on a nForce 2 motherboard btw...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'd say it is a problem considering it wont let me watch cable tv. sure it is just an annoyance for dtv, but when i can't even watch cable tv, that is unacceptable.

edit: i just went back to the standard drivers and now doesn't say anything about the DMA, but it does say that it can't find a dvd-rom drive. I have a cd-r/dvd-rom combo drive. It sees the cd drive part of it, just not the dvd-rom part of it. I have power dvd installed on here, so it has a dvd codec. Also, it was telling me this before too, so its not due to changing the drivers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.