AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running ATI MMC 7.6. I would like to program girder to change channels on the TV player (simple shortcut keys are a problem because of focus issues). I have set up a new command on Girder, then set the target on various MMC windows, but when I test the commands, Girder always says it cannot find the window. I am using the target icon and dragging it to the window I want to focus on. Has anyone been able to get girder to control MMC effectively? How?

Thanks.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Go to the Girder website and check out the exported groups section. Someone has already posted a girder group there.

In short you probably will not be very successful with your approach. ATI released a special remote control DLL specifically so that programs like Girder could control MMC. This is what the exported group on the Girder website uses. There is a link to download this ATI DLL on the same Girder site in the exported groups section.

Cheers

Lester

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lester,

Thanks for the info. However, none of the Girder export files will download and ATI doesn't seam to have the dll file any more. If anyone has this dll, I would appreciate it being posted.:D

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
The Girder exports DL for me fine.... The DLL is however missing... Will let Ron know...

Anyone with this DLL please mail it to me in case Ron does not...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks, I've updated the links on the girder page. Btw, if someone has updated these files to work with 3.1/3.2 feel free to send them to me.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stephen,

Thanks for the DLL link.

Phat Phreddy, I am looking at the Exported Groups page at Girder's web sight. When I try to download the ATI MMC TV Controls file, all I get is web page with commands, not a file. What am I missing here?

·
Registered
996 Posts
right-click on the link and select Save As. You may need to rename the file after you downloaded it. It may have a .txt ending.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you're still having trouble with the exported Girder groups, click on "Match invisible tasks" in the Target window for the command in question.

Ben

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have downloaded the ATI DLL, and registered it. I then downloaded Naveed Mirza's ATI MMC TV Controls export file, used the Girder conversion programs to convert the files to the correct form for the newest Girder. However, when I test the commands, I get the following message:

Cannont find plugin: 107

Any ideas?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks fuzzy bee, that got it! I didn't realize that I didn't have SendMessage active in the Plugin Settings. Now, I just have to train my Pronto for the buttons I need!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.