AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PC to HDTV (using CRT based RPTV HDTV's only please) via DVI with HDCP and any ATI Video Card.

Let's get medieval on this problem.

In a previous thread that attempted to gather info about dvi user results I have noticed that the best results are reported by non-CRT based HDTV's. Therefore I want to exclude everything but what the title states from this thread so we can get on this problem and solve it.

The problems of Nvidia video card drivers not being written with CRT based HD RPTV's' in mind is becoming obvious.

Please state your RPTV, your ATI video card, and your answers to the following questions.

Is anyone using a monitor driver for their HDTV other than the one that windows supplies using it's plug and play info it gets from the TV?

If so, please state what it is, and where others can get a copy of it so they can try it.

I once read where Karnis wrote a custom driver for his Mits. (although he uses vga to component convertor only)

Also, is anyone using a 3rd or 4th party or custom video card driver? If so, please state this and tell us where we may get a copy of it.

Is anyone aware of any 3rd or 4th party video control software that appears to address any of these custom res, timings, and sync issues besides Powerstrip?

Any other tools for determining TV specs? ex: moninfo

Thank you

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
I don't have any personal experience with this but in case the guys are too busy watching their TVs I'm pretty sure the 57HLX82 supports DVI.

Check out the owner's thread in the RPTV forum for confirmation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.