AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been dealt with before. I have a new ISCO lense and somehow almost never can get the ATI Player to produce full vertical resolution with anamorphic DVDs. Is there a way to FORCE the player to produce full vertical resolution (tried very hard, won't work with Gladiator, My fair Lady, North by Northwest and several others). The only DVD I got working this way was Against all Odds.

Thanks

Christoph

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Try Zoomplayer front end. It's 4:3 anamorphic setting works every time filling entire 4:3 panel with stretched movie image; perfect for anamorphic lenses. Version 2.12 release candidate 1 is available at www.inmatrix.com in the "news" section. It'll use your ATI (Cinemaster) filters for the same video quality with better interface and stability. Plus it lets you zoom or unzoom images which works well for nonzoom PJ. I use it for 4:3 sources on my 16:9 screen by shrinking it down to fit vertically on 16:9 screen which is a lot easier to dial your mouse wheel than to change resolution of PJ and computer or using YxY.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the hint. I'll try it out right away.

Christoph

·
Registered
464 Posts
Check out the thread on the Theatertek player. It looks fantastic. You have to purchase it, but it uses and later version of the decoder software that the ATI player users, plus it's redone from the ground up with Home Theater in mind. The graphics, layout, and features are far an above any other player for use with in a theater environment. I ordered mine :) I currently use the ATI player, but it's riddle with bugs in the user interface that always makes for a problematic start with movies. Try having people over and firing up a movie with the ATI player, it's embarrasing :)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@pcostanz: Thanks for this hint as well, however I have already signed up for the player and waiting quite eagerly to have it (just hope the shipping to Europe won't be a problem).

@huey: I checked out the ZOOM player, quite nice, indeed. I wonder why not so many people here in Germany pay much attention to this front end although the ATI Player and all versions of Cinemaster Player are quite popular.

Thanks again

Christoph

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.