Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have everyting on my HTPC configured and am ready to connect to my Toshiba 57HX81. However, during testing on my monitor, the ATI DVD player (via a Radeon 64MB DDR, Intel 815 mb) "glitched" at times when I performed actions such as DVD menu or right-click menu options. Simply moving the mouse pointer to change an on-screen DVD menu option, resulted in a half-second burst of digital junk on the monitor. Can thses glitches cause problems with my television? Does anyone have a fix for this or am I the only one with the problem. Just making sure...

Thanks again

George

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
How fast is your CPU? A lot of times the menu switch or doing something else on the computer will take up cpu cycles and result in glitch of picture and/or sound. Also what O/S are you using? if you are using win2k or xp you can assign the thread for the ati player a dedicated amount of memory and cpu cycles. I have not done this since my work at Disney, but it can be done.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am running WinME on a P3 866. I was thinking of going to 2k. Looks like I will make the jump in order to tweak things out a bit more.

Perhaps a 1GHz will bring it over to top in terms of performance as well.

George

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.