AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a ATI Radeon 9600 and a DVI to Component adapter. After much battle, I finally got it to display on my Mitsubishi WS-55859. Only catch, I need to have my monitor hooked up in order for it to work.

Basically, I plug in both devices into their own output. Boot up Windows then switch to the resolution I want to try. I then go into settings, enable the YPrBr as a secondary display and it shows up just fine. After that, I shut it down and unplug the VGA monitor. Turn it back on and I get one of two things. I either get a very washed out picture and have to re-enable the YPrBr to get the picture back or I just get a resolution the TV can't handle when no resolution has changed. I even tried switching displays, DVI to Component as the primary display and monitor as the seconard display. Either way, everything keeps resetting when the computer reboots and I only seem to get a picture on my TV when the monitor is hooked up.

I am running Catalyst 4.7 (I think) and have been unable to update to the newest version of Catalyst for whatever reason.

I am starting to think that maybe I should be picking up a VGA to RGBHV break out cable. Would this be a better solution for me with my current setup?

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I have been scouring the boards the past few days for any posts related to ATI, Powerstrip, PMS PDI and all sort of other stuff. I wish I had come across your thread earlier. Would have saved me a headache last night.

Again, thanks.

EDIT: Is getting this card with the DVI to Component going to be hard under linux? If I am having these kind of problems in Windows, along with having to enable the it, I am starting to wonder if it will even work in linux.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.