AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the 7093 driver (as recommended by brian_vh) and finally got a custom T&R signal to my TV. But now the ATI TV application in MMC 7.1 won't work. It just comes up showing "Video in", I can change between composite and svideo but not TV.

I've tried un-installing the 7.1 MMC and re-installing but same problem.

So, is anyone using TV with 7093 driver? Is there a specific driver that does both custom T&R and works with the TV app and guide plus?

I need my PVR back, its amazing how quick you get used to having all the TV shows recorded for watching at your convenience.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Re-install MMC7. Specifically the 'capture' components. Use the setup file from your original CD and not the one with no dvd from the WEB. If you use the custom setup options you can install the original MMC, then the 7.1 no DVD, Then the 4.1 player. Your tuner should show back up after you install the original MMC.

This happens quite often to me as I seem to be a player in the driver of the week club. I always seem to end back up at the 7093 drivers.

Dave

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Not sure what to tell you. Maybe a stray .inf file not getting deleted after an uninstall? Try running regclean after a full uninstall (everything but the display driver) Also, delete the ATI Multimedia directory after a uninstall. reboot and run regclean before re-installing from the original CD.

I have lost the tuner in My AIW several times but was always able to get it back. It's not the 7093 drivers. I'm running them now. They still seem to be the best for me. (gamma works, custom T/R works, Interlaced overlay works, Adaptive de-interlacing can be disabled, AIW PVR captures work, etc. It's the newest 98 driver I can say that about. All the newer one have one quirk or another. Oh yea, try running the setup file from the original CD and not from the Autorun. You got DirectX 8?

Dave

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried removing all the ati directories and software I could find the last time. I have DirectX8.?. I've been running the atisetup.exe, not autorun.

What inf files should I delete? Not from c:/windows/inf right?

Just tried uninstall, reboot, regclean, install from cd, still didn't work.

Guess I'll try the old driver again, PVR is more important to me than CT&R at this point.

Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
How are you loading the old or new drivers? I usually install old right over new and visa-versa. If the drivers have a setup wizard I use that and answer no to all the 'the file you are about to replace is older that the one on your system. do you want to keep existing' If there is no setup, I use the Update device driver wizard from the display properties. Change Adapter driver. You have to keep it properly pointed at the target drivers and If you have an option with the show compatible HW you must choose the Radeon 32DDR AIW. If It thinks its a Radeon 32DDR, you'll loose the tuner drivers. Do you have the ATI WDM Drivers in the Sound, Video, and game controller property of the Device Manager? Are they happy with no yellow exclaimations? Without these you'll have no tuner. Good Luck.

Dave

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thats what those WDM things are :) I lost them when I had to remove the AIW and install another video card in the whole driver upgrade process (search for kwerner for the gory details of my fiasco with that).

Anyway I didn't notice that the WDM warning messages had anything to do with ATI and I didn't look at the Device Manager to see if there were any problems. I assumed the WDM files were on the WinME disk which I lost at some point recently.

So thanks again for your help, now after I get the TV & PVR running with CT&R drivers and I'll be ready to start working on DVD players some day...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.