AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Nvidia Geforce 2 MX card that power my Viewsonic PJL830 projector. I am please with the picture quality but like everybody else on this forum I want even better. I remember in the pass than the first generation Nvidia card were really close in quality to a Matrox G400 for high resolution picture. But for 800x600 the Nvidia was way better. The thing with a 800x600 projector is that for a 16x9 DVD you need to downscale the 480 video pixel to 450. Nvidia is pretty good doing that.

Now the new king (for a while already) is the Radeon. I am very interested in the gamma correction that the card provide. But before I switch video card I will like to know if the Radeon does a good job downscaling a DVD picture?

Anyone with a projector similar to mine can comment on the benefit of the radeon card over the Nvidia GeForce II MX?

Bruno

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I didn't think that was a tought question :) Anyone care to comment. I can beleive that nobody at a Viewsonic and a Radeon card on this forum:)

Thank you

Bruno

·
Registered
833 Posts
Like basically every other aspect of the video overlay logic, the downscaling of the Radeon is superior to NVidias. It uses more tabs (samples) and has more precision (10bit).

You will love it on your 800x600 unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.