AVS Forum banner

4341 - 4360 of 7498 Posts

·
Registered
11,822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli /forum/post/18034395

EDIT:

Well, bitstreaming is fully functional on 7MC NOW!!!
Just get Albain's 3246 build. Works 100% now with H264 and VC-1 ffdshow DXVA filter.

Hmmm...I have to relook at my setup. Something must have gotten screwed up along the way. If I try to play any of my Blu Ray mkvs/ts in WMP/W7MC it won't play back, screen just stays black.

With MPC HC it looks like my mkvs with TrueHD play fine but I only get Stereo. MKVs with DTS MA play perfect. MY ts with DTS(MA) play back with a horrible stutter but ts with TrueHD bitstream fine.

I was trying to update my HTPC while my son is in terrible twos mode so I am sure I f'd something up...

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have tried MPC-HC/ffdshow/coreavc etc with my 4550 and 5670 and imo PDVD9 has by far the best picture quality for blu-ray. It just has more detail and is bit more sharp than the rest of the players.

·
Registered
177 Posts
im posting here cause i dont know where this applies

I have a 5670 card (Saphire) and a SONY STR-DN100 receiver

and i get NO HDMI audio what so ever, no simple windows sounds...nothing

the Sony STR-DN1000 is connected to a Samsung hlt-6187sax

anyone know whats the deal? i see ATI forums are useless

·
Registered
11,822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchjs /forum/post/18038153

im posting here cause i dont know where this applies

I have a 5670 card (Saphire) and a SONY STR-DN100 receiver

and i get NO HDMI audio what so ever, no simple windows sounds...nothing

the Sony STR-DN1000 is connected to a Samsung hlt-6187sax

anyone know whats the deal? i see ATI forums are useless

Did you install this driver ( http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...-HD5670.aspx)? Also, did you install the Realtek HDMI driver afterwards?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Quick question related to EDID override. If I go into the configuration of my audio device (Realtek HDMI audio) and it lists DTS-MA, DD TrueHD, etc. as supported formats does that mean my Onkyo 605 has been read correctly by the driver and I don't need any override?

Sorry if this is an FAQ.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Real test is on the receiver.

·
Registered
11,822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 /forum/post/18037889

Hmmm...I have to relook at my setup. Something must have gotten screwed up along the way. If I try to play any of my Blu Ray mkvs/ts in WMP/W7MC it won't play back, screen just stays black.

With MPC HC it looks like my mkvs with TrueHD play fine but I only get Stereo. MKVs with DTS MA play perfect. MY ts with DTS(MA) play back with a horrible stutter but ts with TrueHD bitstream fine.

I was trying to update my HTPC while my son is in terrible twos mode so I am sure I f'd something up...

OK, so it appears that Haali was causing havoc on my system. I uninstalled, installed registered MatroskaSplitter.ax, and using the latest FFDShow build all my movies played perfect in MPC!!! I still have an issue where my mkvs or ts won't play in WMP/WMC, no clue why but since I am using MPC it is not really an issue (although at some point I would like to figure out why)

Tulli - how do you assign FFDShow to VC-1? In the DXVA settings for FFSDhow I ticked off H.264 and VC-1. I then ran Win7DSFilterTweaker and assigned ffdshow to H.264, but ffdshow does not show up an an option for VC-1, only Microsoft (I left unchecked). This is what my graph looks like for a VC-1

·
Registered
210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertStern /forum/post/18033619

I imagine you are doing this with an HP Envy...

I just got mine as well.. What software are you using for playback? and what media are you playing (bluray .iso. Mkv, etc...)

Yes its an Envy 15. Congrats on getting yours too... its been 100% perfect so far! Other than the 5830, my favorite part is the 2 Intel 160GB G2 SSD drives they threw in for practically half of the market price!

I always use Powerdvd9. So far have used ISOs and BluRays thru the HP USB BDrom.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,349

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 /forum/post/18038209

I then ran Win7DSFilterTweaker and assigned ffdshow to H.264, but ffdshow does not show up an an option for VC-1, only Microsoft (I left unchecked).

If Win7DSFilterTweaker does not work, then you can modify the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\DirectShow\\Preferr ed directly. VC-1 is {31435657-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}. This post .

·
Registered
177 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 /forum/post/18038174

Did you install this driver ( http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...-HD5670.aspx)? Also, did you install the Realtek HDMI driver afterwards?

no but i did install cat 10.2rc2

and yes... the realtek 2.39 drivers

and installing realtek hdmi afterwards... is this proven, who said to do this? is this offica from ATI?l... and do we really need the realtek drivers? whats wrong with the ati? (forget about bitstreaming here for a sec, i just want any sound
)

mitch

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'm running HDMI via Cat6 x2 in my house to do multi-room video. My Dish box handles the HDMI output just fine, but my HTPC's integrated radeon 3200 seems to be to underpowered. You guys have any luck running a long cable with your radeon 5xxx?

·
Registered
177 Posts
on another note, i connected the 5670 right to TV and get audio...

so it doesnt like the SONY STR-DN1000

or its the hdmi cable, since i used another to connect to tv...

im using a edid override file i found in forum for the sony.... no change...no audio

·
Registered
5,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchjs /forum/post/18038391

is this proven,

Yes (documented several times in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchjs /forum/post/18038391

who said to do this? is this offica from ATI?l...

It's the official driver from RealTek... The people who make the HDMI chip that is used in the ATI devices.

·
Registered
164 Posts
maybe you can help me out. I got PDVD9 as well latest build. I can't get the uncompressed hdmi output option to show up under audio output. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LsRamAir /forum/post/18038355

Yes its an Envy 15. Congrats on getting yours too... its been 100% perfect so far! Other than the 5830, my favorite part is the 2 Intel 160GB G2 SSD drives they threw in for practically half of the market price!

I always use Powerdvd9. So far have used ISOs and BluRays thru the HP USB BDrom.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I'm not sure if anybody else is using profiles/hotkeys to change refresh rates, and driving their refresh rates at NTSC-derived rates, 29.97 ("29"), 23.976 ("23") and 59.94 ("59").

If you are (like me), there is this problem that the profiles in CCC didn't call those rates, instead they called up 30, 24 and 60 respectively, so in order to change via hotkey/profile to the other NTSC specific rates you had to use a third party app.

I just found an easy way to fix this. Make sure you've saved your profiles to change to 29, 23 and 59 and close CCC.

Enable hidden files, go to your user folder and AppData\\Local\\ATI\\ACE\\Profiles. You'll have one .xml file for each profile. Choose the one you want to change and edit it with notepad.

Change the highlighted number in the following screenshot (it shows the number after I changed it). For your "29" profile, it will say "30" so change it to 29. For the "23" profile it will say "24" so change it to 23... you get the idea.

Besides this, in my PC there is another bug with Media Center, in which it won't run at 29 Hz ever (but all other rates work). In this case there is a registry setting that takes care of this.

Code:
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Media Center\\Settings\\DisplayService
Change the value of RefreshRate to "29" (decimal). This will always open MC in 29 Hz.

So basically, pretty much all my gripes from these ATI cards are worked around for me.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage /forum/post/18014269

I also noticed 7MC wants to default to 59.97Hz. (I think) Meanwhile the Windows 7 desktop is at 60Hz. When I close 7MC the TV has to resync. I told 7MC to add additional items just this morning and set it to 60Hz. Maybe the resizing will go away.

If setting MC to 60 Hz from within the program doesn't work, try the registry setting above. In your case, it should already be set to 59, or if it's blank, just set it to 60.

BTW, I don't see a downside to just running the desktop at 59.94 instead of 60. I'm not sure if there's any content that runs at 60 flat, and if there is, it's very rare.

·
Registered
46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o /forum/post/18039286

If setting MC to 60 Hz from within the program doesn't work, try the registry setting above. In your case, it should already be set to 59, or if it's blank, just set it to 60.

BTW, I don't see a downside to just running the desktop at 59.94 instead of 60. I'm not sure if there's any content that runs at 60 flat, and if there is, it's very rare.

Andy,

If you're really honest.

If I just watch 720p and 1080p Mkv's (no blurays through my HTPC).

I just use MPC-HC, No Mediacenter 7.

Is it worth the hassle to achieve 24hz?

My ATI only gives me the 60hz [email protected] right now. And If I start a quest to get 24hz, I need to know if it's useful for me.

I have an Epson HC8100 1080p Projector on a ATI 5770 (through a Onkyo Sr-875), Intel Core i5 750 and I'm running Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate.

I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere.

So just for 720p/1080p MKV files with MPC-HC, should I try to get 24hz working?

I recon I have to set my desktop resolution to 24hz for that? (looks awful I guess).

Hope you can give me some advise.

Cheers,

E.

·
Registered
121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchjs /forum/post/18038629

im using a edid override file i found in forum for the sony.... no change...no audio

I don't get audio from 5670 to my denon as well.

·
Premium Member
5,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchjs /forum/post/18038629

Which EDID override? Have you already tried the DENON_MOD.inf in my sig.? If so, can you post the full 256-bit EDID of the Sony? (but beware that it still can't be captured with moninfo on a 5xxx).

·
Banned
988 Posts
Im running 10.1 and the overide for denon; seems dolby hd works, film is smooth, sound does dropout a lot though. If i play dts hd, the video runs about 1fps.

I cant use the realtek driver, installation runs ok, reboot still shows ati so a manual force of the driver is needed, soon as i switch, hdmi signal goes nuts and i lose the picture.

4341 - 4360 of 7498 Posts