AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to determine the best setup for using 2 display devices with my Radeon VE card. The card is connected to a 15" LCD Flat Panel monitor (1024x768 native), and also to my Infocus LP340-V DLP projector (800x600 native). I want to use the LCD monitor as my main display, for doing things like playing MP3's and for system maintenance. The LP340-V is obviously going to be used for playing DVD's, using DScaler, big web browsing, etc.

What is the best setup for achieving this functionality? I managed to get both displays working with the included Hydravision software, but I'm not sure this is the best method. When I setup both displays, the LP340 basically ran at 800x600 with a virtual desktop size of 1024x768. The Hydravision software made both displays behave like a single large desktop (I'm not sure how this differs from the native Windows 2000 multiple monitor support).

Also, does overlay (for DVD and Dscaler) work on both the primary and secondary displays? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
184 Posts
From my understanding we are patiently waiting for microsoft to finally implement overlay support for both displays. It requires something as easy as a seperate buffer for that overlay. I've done it, but of course its not true overlay, till they implement it.

If I had better then standard vis c, it could be optimized alot better. Dscaler might have the buffers capability I have no vcpp support with vc6.0 standard to add it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.