AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed XP MCE 2005 OEM copy. I tried both ATI HDTV wonder and ATI TV Wonder. None of these are detected by MCE.

Could any one get these things to work.

I have option to return these in 14 days.

My setup

AMD Athelon 64 3000

512 MB RAM

5.1 Sound card (which came with mother board)

X1

XP MCE 2005

:confused:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm using ATI HDTV Wonder and 2 ATI eHome Wonder cards in MCE 2005. Did you get the windows update for HDTV Wonder? TV Wonder cards aren't supported in MCE AFAIK, you need a supported hardware analog tuner, or AIW + "Encode".

·
Registered
293 Posts
To get the HDTV wonder to work

- Install update 2 of 4 from the ATI drivers web site (drivers)

- Go to Windows Update and install the HDTV patch and updated ATI drivers

- Re-run the MCE TV setup wizard.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would greatly appreciate if you can send me links to the pages where I can find drivers mentioned in

Install update 2 of 4 from the ATI drivers web site (drivers)

I have installed and reinstalled so many different things I am totally lost now.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
if you go to the ati website, click on "drivers and software" tab, then click windows xp then "multimedia center" then hdtv wonder, it will load up the page (I would have posted the link but since I have less than 5 posts, I can't :(

On another note:

for some reason, when i run windows update it doesn't give me the hdtv update. can this be downloaded from somewhere?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Install the main video card and E-Home first and install drivers, once you can get them working in MCE2005 shutdown and insert the HDTV Wonder along with drivers. Make sure the DVD encoder is installed first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.