AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to get DVI out of my ATI 9700. Perhaps as a television engineer I am lost in the trees looking for the forest.

My intention is for the DVI connector to duplicate the VGA settings. In other words If I set VGA for 1280x1024, the DVI should just copy it. I do not wish to have true dual monitor support. I don't quite understand the Catylist software. I can get DVI-A to work but even with the FPD monitor enables there is no pixel clock or RGB data comming off the connector. I checked with a scope. If I plug in my Sharp 10K projector Catalyst sees the unit and reports "Sharp XV" series. But the projector won't display DVI-D on any of it's supported resolutions.

Should the 9700 always be spitting outpixel clock and RGB data or does it need to handshake? I thought handshaking was only for HDCP. I assume the low speed data and clock is working for it to have reported the Sharp projector.

Anyway my intention is to run Holograph at 1280x720p into my projector via DVI using Powerstripe. I know others have done it but not sure if the ATI card is supported for this.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Glimmie,

Did you try switching back to good ol' 640x480 VGA (which happens to use regular SD timing) to see if that produces a picture over DVI? If it's seeing the projector type I assume the card has enabled DVI-out and probably is sending out a signal. Question is if the projector can handle the timing that's coming in, maybe it has different modes it supports over DVI vs. component?

-Rob-

·
Registered
15,396 Posts
If it's like the ATI 8500 you just plug in the projector to the DVI and boot the computer. The two will talk and voila. If you're using the projector as the second monitor enable it in the control panel for the drivers.

Stereodude

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Yes, the card should just be outputting the signal and you don't need to enable it if you are only using one monitor. Did you make sure that nothing is wrong with the ATI card or the cable? I had the same problem you did initially when I had my timings all wrong. But the first thing I did was to plug my DVI cable from the ATI card into a regular monitor just to ensure I had a working signal. Then when I knew the DVI and ATI 9700 was working correctly, I fiddled with powerstrip until I had a picture appear on the projector.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.