AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my DST-3000 STB for about a month now and haven't had any problems with it. However, I cannot get the program data for the Atlanta digital stations to show up in the Advanced Program Guide. The digital stations all show "Regular Schedule". The analog counterparts of the digital stations do indeed show the actual programming information in the APG. I am a DTV subscriber and use an OTA antenna for locals.

Is anyone else in Atlanta who has one of the Hughes based STB's getting programming information for the digital stations? Is the fact that I can't get the digital stations' programming information caused by the stations not fully utilizing PSIP, by Directv not having mapped the digital channels in their database, or am I failing to do something correctly in the setup process? I've rescanned for locals several times, tried several different metro-Atlanta zip codes (downtown vs Alpharetta), and deleted the analog stations to see if I could get the programming information for the digital stations to appear. All to no avail.

Jeff Burleson

Alpharetta

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. At least now I think it is more likely a problem either with the stations or with DTV since I know there are at least two of us who can't get the programming data.

Yes, I have observed local digitals moving around quite a bit lately. I assume that is the stations making changes on their end. Examples of recent changes are CBS no longer showing up as 46-3 and NBC moving from 10-1 to 10-3. Maybe as the stations continue to refine their equipment set-up, we'll be able to get the programming information.

Jeff Burleson

·
Premium Member
Sony XBR-65A1E, Denon 3400, B&W
965 Posts
The Atlanta stations don't include any programming information. Someone would have to enter that information at the local level. I wouldn't look for that from any but CBS or FOX. The ABC or NBC affiliates certainly would not bother. It doesn't have anything to do with DirecTV. I use a DTC100 with the Off Air guides turned off. This way I don't see the remapping to 46.3, for example. They do move around a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.