AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed Duvetyne on the entire inside of my Hitachi 51F500 last week. I ordered 4 yards of fabric and 5 yards of tape, but only used about 1 2/3 yards of fabric and 3 yards of tape, so I have enough left to do another similar-sized set. If you are in the Atlanta area (preferably within 30 minutes of Marietta) and are interested in "duve-ing" your set, contact me at [email protected] (remove the NOSPAM). I figured that its not really enough for me to pay to ship it again, but it is enough for me to help someone local if they want it. If you are nervous about doing it yourself, I would be glad to help with the installation.

$15 - materials only

$50 - I will help you install it (probably ~2 hours), and bring my Avia calibration disk and sound level meter if you don't have them and want to do some tests and make some basic adjustments

I have only done the 51F500, so I would be most comfortable helping with a similar model Hitachi. I can only speak from my experience, but the results were fantastic. It made a very noticeable difference in the black levels, the color, and the picture sharpness by eliminating the nasty effects caused by the shiny CRT well on this model. I got sucked into watching Crimson Tide on HD last night until 2am because it is a rather dark movie in the sub with a lot of vibrant lighting (reds, greens, blues) and the picture quality just blew me away.

Disclaimer: I am not an ISF technician, although I am pretty sure ISF doesn't cover Duvetyne installation. I am just a guy with some materials, some experience, and a little bit of free time if you are interested...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.